Tuesday, February 11, 2014

a blustery cold day at home

Tuesday.  Yesterday was a complete blur, and I didn't feel like myself.  Today I'm back to normal, you'll be glad to know, and thus, it was a good day.  ;)  I say "was", because all the things we set out to accomplish we were able to accomplish.  :)

I started our day out by making breakfast.  Graham loved what my friend made them for breakfast all weekend at the ninth grade boys host home, so I decided to try it as well.  It was good~not my favorite, but he sure loved it, and so did Noah.  It's a crescent roll, sausage and cream cheese thing.  I don't know what it's called, but "thing" seems to work well.

They got a really good start on their work for the day, then it seems like it was time for lunch.  For lunch, I made hot ham and cheese sliders.


Yum.  Hawaiian dinner rolls, ham and mozzarella cheese with butter and poppy seeds on top.  They were a huge hit, and all the school kids loved it.  (I posted on Instagram that this was what the school cafeteria served for lunch on this cold day.)

After lunch the kids finished all their work, I ran out to run an errand, then Graham started a fire.


He was alternating between tending the fire and completing his lab assignment for the day.  That's a pretty awesome fire, there, isn't it?  It feels so good!

And while he finished his work, we enjoyed some watching of the Olympics and I was in the mood to doodle.


Actually, they all did this, too, I just took a picture of mine.  We've been keeping up with the medal count each day, and we've been learning about Sochi.


I love The Message version of 1 Corinthians 13, the love chapter.  Have you read it?  It's beautiful and poetic.  I decided to write it out in this art journal thing we like to draw in.

Horribly exciting, right?!  This is our life.  I am blessed and thankful for these types of days.  Love to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...