Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Tuesday

Today was a good day of school.  It was a little frustrating at first, because at some point, they were all doing some form of Algebra, and I had some frustrated kids on my hands.  It ended up working out, though, and everyone got what they were supposed to be doing.  I love it when that happens, but it usually takes a while.

Drew came across a picture that said, "And then Satan said, "Put the alphabet in math."  I about died laughing, because he was the main one who struggled today.

Three of the boys decided to work in the living room today.  Graham almost always does, because he sits at the computer desk.  He does a lot of online stuff, and he types most of what he turns in to me.  At one point, though, they were all in here with me, working on math.

I wouldn't be me if I hadn't taken some pictures.



In the above picture, Graham was explaining something to Drew.

While they worked, if I wasn't answering questions, I was reading.


I started this book above after I finished this one below last night:


The one I finished last night was Finding Father Christmas by Robin Jones Gunn.  I love her books, particularly any seasonal book she writes like this one.  It was delightful.

After the school work was completed, we ate lunch and I drove the boys to my friend's house.  She hired them to do some yard work for her.


I'm taking them back tomorrow morning to do her backyard.  Hopefully they'll get finished tomorrow, or maybe tomorrow afternoon.  We're waking up extra early to do school work in the morning so they can get started before the temperature rises too much.  {We're having crazy weather this week, and the meteorologists are saying the weather might get really bad Friday or Friday night.}

We ate an early dinner tonight, which consisted of roasted potatoes and French dip sandwiches with au jus, so we could be on the town square at six.  Tonight was the annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony.  I love our little town!  That moment when all the lights come on is like a little miracle and always brings a huge smile to my face.

A bonus tonight was that my best friend was there with me.  ;)  She makes everything more fun, just by being near.

Thanks for reading!  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Share 4 Somethings

  Happy Saturday, friends! Welcome to the April edition of S4S where we'll be talking about somethings we've  loved  or  disliked , ...