Tuesday, December 31, 2013

a year in pictures

This might be long.  I apologize in advance.  Here we go!

January found us homeschooling four boys!  It was a very cold winter month, too.


We spent a lot of time going to Johnson park so the boys could play on their turf fields.


I committed to memorizing Scripture for the year 2013...here's the notebook I bought and received in the mail to record all my verses.  


 In February, I took an unusual interest in baking and made tons of goodies for the family.  We all might or might not have gained five or so pounds.  :/


These little beauts are called "Oh My Ganache Cupcakes".


This was just a boxed cake mix and homemade icing.  

We spent time with Pappaw and on the trampoline.



March is birthday month around here.




The older the boys get, the less they want to have a party.  Graham and Drew always opt to go out with just Todd and me.

March also found us on a camping trip with our friends, the Corley's.


April is Drew's month.  ;)


Jonah, Noah and I got baptized on Easter morning!




We dyed a TON of eggs.  :)  Our favorite activity.  

In April, this little cutie was born.



May found us finishing up our school year and doing LOTS of science experiments.  It was a fun month.



We also went strawberry-picking for the first time.


In this month, the boys did their garden boxes that Mr. Paul alone for the first time.  He passed away in September of 2012.


Bittersweet.

June found us spending lots of time with Myles, Zander and Alex, the neighborhood kiddos.


We had VBS at church and came home and messed around on the trampoline every day that week.


Graham and Drew went to Street Reach, and the Lord made me start to fall in love with the teenagers at our church.


We went to baseball games!


In July, we did lots of these.


I got some fun, new nail polish.


We had kids camp!



In August, Graham became the newest employee at Chick Fil A, and I committed to co-teaching the tenth grade girls Bible fellowship class.  


We were so sad to say goodbye to the summer interns at our church...see?


This was the day our beloved Sarah left.

September came and we went to Williamsburg, Virginia and Washington D.C. for vacation!





So fun!

October arrived with cooler temps...finally!  We did some fun things with the youth at church.


And we had bonfires.


In November we had more fun times with the youth at church...I've mentioned that I love these kids, right?  They're awesome.  On this night, we talked about dating and marriage on the way to a bonfire.  


We enjoyed the Veteran's day parade with Dad and Trish.



And all of a sudden, here came December and the end of the year.

I got to meet one of my best friend's babies, Annalise Grace.



And enjoyed catching up with her mommy.

I celebrated my birthday for a full week!

And we had a blast with our traditions.



It's been a wonderful year~one filled with times of joy, sorrow, excitement, worry of the unknown, health, sickness, good days and bad days.  Through it all, God has been faithful to us, and He alone has carried us through.  I cannot WAIT to see what He has in store for 2014.  God bless you all and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a weekend recap: girls trip edition

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm linking up with Joanne today, which is appropriate, since she was one of the ones on my weekend girls tri...