Friday, November 8, 2013

my kind of Friday

Usually on Friday, we spend the latter half of it with my dad.  He and my step-mom are still traveling, though, so today it's just Drew, Jonah, Noah and moi.  Because they're traveling, I had made plans for us to attend an exhibit on Egypt at the University of Memphis with some families from our homeschool group, but I had forgotten that Graham works most Friday's, and had to cancel.  Bummer.

However, I must admit that I love this day so far...I woke up early for some really good Jesus time, Bible reading and journaling (yes, I am still enjoying my new journal), and I treated myself to sitting and watching The Today Show.

And proceeded to cry over the story from the family who donated their Norway Spruce Christmas tree to the Rockefeller Center in New York City.  (Why yes, the ridiculous amount of hormones my doctor has me taking just might be making me loco.  You can ask Todd, I'm sure he can confirm this...or the boys, as they've seen me cry, laugh and freak out all within the last few days.)  If you want to read the story, you can probably Google it~the family is from Shelton, Connecticut.  (I totally just said "connect-i-cut" in my brain so I would spell it correctly.)  (I'm done with the parentheses after this sentence.)  (Did I spell that right?)  (Okay, now I'm done.)

:)

I watched the majority of The Today Show, then left to take Graham to work.  After our day of school is complete, I plan on having a movie day with the boys.  It's nice and brisk outside, the sun is shining, and what better way to celebrate the upcoming long weekend?  (Monday is when we celebrate Veteran's day, and we're going downtown with my dad to enjoy the annual parade.)  (Okay, so I lied about the parentheses!  Sorry.)

I got up, washed my face and brushed my teeth, put on a smidge of make-up and dressed in my most comfy clothes~lounge pants and a cuddly, roomy hoodie sweatshirt (I am freezing!).


See?!?!?!  The caption on Instagram said, "Brrrrrr!!!  My house feels like the Arctic Circle on this glorious day!".

I'm watching my favorite cooking show and getting inspired for lunch.

What are your plans for this loverly weekend?  Tonight will find us bundled up around our firepit.  We're roasting hot-dogs and marshmallows for s'mores.  Yummy!  Hopefully at least one out of the two couples we invited over will be able to come...if not, it'll just be us.  And that's perfectly okay.

Speaking of food...I must go start on our lunch.  I must be hungry~I've resorted to talking about food.  Happy Friday and (long) weekend to you!  Love to all.

P.s.

(STOP WITH THE PARENTHESES!!!)  (I said that for you, as I'm sure you're thinking it.)


No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...