Thursday, November 7, 2013

homeschool perks

This post probably won't be what the title makes you think it will be.  ;)  One thing I love the MOST about homeschooling is the amazing homeschool group we belong to, Renewed Moms.  A year and a half ago, I never had even heard of them and now...well, I can't imagine where we'd be if we weren't a part of them!

They've helped me with homeschooling, and a few of them have loaned me curriculum.  They've become more than just women that I study the Bible with~they are lifelong friends and more like family than mere 'friends'.

They challenge me to grow more spiritually, they make me laugh, make me cry, listen when I complain and are the first to encourage me along my way.  They hold me accountable in my relationship with the Lord and our precious teacher and fearless leader Denise, loves us with a Godly jealousy.

When I'm sick they pray for me and with me.

My kids' favorite day of the week is Thursday, the day we meet.  They love their teachers, they learn, they have fun, they've made new friends and they're growing in God's word.  Each week, the third hour of study for our kids is devoted to Bible study...and currently they are learning the names of God.

The older boys, the ones who are the leaders of the younger kids, are learning to lead by example.  Their motto verse, I guess you could call it, is Psalm 24:6, which says:

Such is the generation of those who seek him, who seek your face, God of Jacob.

I could go on...but I think you get my point.  I am so blessed and thankful to God for allowing us to be part of such a special group.  The most spectacular thing about these precious sisters in Christ, is the One Whom they love and serve.  He is ever-present in their lives, and He is the One Who shines through them.  

I pray you get to experience relationships like this...that iron-sharpens-iron type of relationship.  I'm blessed because of them and through them.  Love to all.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Share 4 Somethings

  Happy Saturday, friends! Welcome to the April edition of S4S where we'll be talking about somethings we've  loved  or  disliked , ...