Wednesday, October 23, 2013

what we spent our evening doing and how we proved we can live in a two bedroom house

The boys decided last weekend that they wanted bunk beds.  All four of them.  Not only did they want bunk beds, they wanted to start sharing one room.  Not only a room, but THE smallest room in our house, with the exception of the bathrooms.

We figured they're only young once, and my man got a killer deal on two sets of bunk beds, so today he made their dreams come true.

We have a crazy busy next few days, so he decided to skip church tonight to put them together.

Here's the first set of bunk beds all set up:

Why yes, those are flannel sheets.  They're all about to have them, starting Friday.  It's freezing in our house!  My husband loves it cold, so we have not yet turned our heat on.  You can hang meat in our house, I'm pretty sure.  And I think I just saw my breath!  It's 43 degrees outside and 63 degrees inside.  Holy  cannoli!

Crash loves the new beds.  He claimed the bottom bunk that's supposed to be Graham's.

Here's the tiny room with both sets:

Does this bring back summer camp memories?  That's what it looks like to me!  They love it, and if you could hear all the, "Thank you, Daddy's!" he got, you would know why we did this for them.  They're such grateful little men...and that alone makes me want to give them the world.  And I have to add that for both of these sets of bunk beds, he paid $160!  Can you even believe that?  I can...Todd is a thrifty shopper.

'Twas a fun night.  I held Graham's mattress down while they did all the work.  I am so spoiled by the men in my life.  It's a good feeling.  They make me feel like a queen, most especially their daddy.  :)

On a side note, I saw my doctor again today.  I begged her for surgery, but she said she can't perform it on me at this levels are getting better, but they're still crazy low~my iron, my hemoglobin and my hematocrit.  So she gave me two shots of progesterone and instructed me to also keep taking the prescription of it that she gave me.  If all the symptoms return yet again, I will go back and we'll talk more fervently about surgery.  For now, I'm praying that either God healed me today like I prayed, or that this medicine will do its job.

Because I'm done.  And feel like I am going to lose my mind if all this crazy that is happening to my body doesn't go away.

Love to all!

No comments:

life lately

I can't believe it's already Thursday.  Even though it's not been too terribly busy, the week has gone by really fast.  I have s...