Saturday, October 5, 2013

through the years

Yesterday, Toddley and I celebrated seventeen years of being married.  All those years haven't been perfect, and we have days when we have our struggles, but we cannot deny that God has had His hand on us from our first day of being together.

Toddley and I met the first time at kids camp when we were about nine years old.  He'll tell you he doesn't remember me, but I remember him.  He was always the outgoing one, the boy who wanted every girl's phone number.  I never gave him mine.  ;)

We met for the second time at church, our junior year of high school.  He was always doing things to me~like jumping on my car as I drove, or pulling my hair, or teasing me...all the things that boys do to girls that they like.  But we didn't really like each other that way~we were just friends.  Time went on, and we got closer and closer, until I considered him to be one of my best friends.  And by that point, I liked him.  ;)  Our first date was a double date with a friend and the boy she liked...we ate dinner, although I cannot remember where, and we went to see The Little Rascals.

We broke up for a while while I went to college for a semester, but ended up getting back together.  Shortly after we got back together, about three weeks later, he proposed to me.  And now, seventeen years, four kids, five furry animals, several fish, two guinea pigs and a leopard gecko later, here we are.  I thought I would share some pictures.


This was the summer we graduated from high school.  My dad, step mom and I were taking a trip to the beach, then onto Orlando, and Todd went with us.  Awe!  I'm pretty sure we took this on the sly, since my dad was driving the car and would have croaked if he'd seen us in the rear view mirror.  ;)


The above picture was taken on a snowy day~we took the kids to a giant hill and went sledding all day.  Fun times!  I froze, and he was fine because he had on all his camouflage hunting gear.


Christmas, two years ago.  (Man, I change my hair a lot.)


Last October, at his best friend's wedding.


And last Christmas.  We were laughing, and I was making the goofiest face, and the picture took.  It ended up being one of my favorites we've ever taken.  

To celebrate, we went out to dinner last night.  My mom and step dad came over to stay with the boys, and took them out to dinner.  I'm so thankful we have family in town to do this!  Do you know where have NEVER paid a babysitter?  That is a blessing, indeed.  

My sister Trish was here, too.  She hung out with us for a bit after Mom and Bill left.  It was a great evening, and I am blessed to have this man that God has given me.  We have our growth opportunity moments, but we love each other and will never give up on that.  We know that with God, all things are possible.  

Thanks for reading!  Love to all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Hello Monday!

  Happy Monday, friends! I'm linking up with  Holly  and  Sarah  for today's post. I hope you had a good weekend! Mine was excellent...