Monday, October 14, 2013

an update

Thank you so much for all the prayers, my friends.  I cannot tell you how much I appreciate each and every one of you, and all the prayers you offered up on my behalf.  God heard each one of them, and He provided the peace that I needed to make it through a long day.

I am done with iron infusions, praise God!  That doctor wants me back in a month to recheck all my levels, but I suspect all will be better by then.

My other doctor thinks all my issues are just hormone-related, and we're treating that with progesterone.  And another medicine to help me along, but I'm trusting that this will make a difference.  She did a biopsy while I was there, but she did so just as a precaution.  I'm not even slightly concerned with that result.

She wants to see me in another eight weeks, to talk about a more permanent solution.  I don't know what that is, but I'll be open to whatever she suggests.

So thank you so much for praying.  Two precious friends who serve our youth at our church brought us an amazing dinner tonight.  Seriously, it was delicious, and it was so nice coming home and not having to worry about making dinner!!


On Instagram, about this picture I said that this is what edible love looks like!  My sweet friends Erin and Abbey were the hands and feet of Jesus and brought us this tonight.  We devoured it.  Seriously, there are almost no leftovers!

I'm so glad to be home and in my pj's.  I canceled our Bible study for tonight and am enjoying relaxing with my favorite people.  They all seemed relieved that I'm okay for now.  ;)

Thanks again for praying.  God gave me a little distraction today while I was getting infused with iron.


On the left, in the second square, the little black dot you see is the spider that hung out with me all morning at The Jones Clinic.  He never dropped down, though, just stayed up there and did his thing.  I also enjoyed this view:


The waterfall was mesmerizing, when I wasn't snoozing.  I did my praying thing while I was conscience, and the man who got to me the most was there for his 5th chemo treatment.  I heard him say how sick he gets during the treatment, but today, at least while I was there, he did not.  I thank God for that...he seemed so down and discouraged.  I prayed that he would feel the love of Jesus all around him, whether through me or through one of the precious nurses there.

I feel like everyone should visit this kind of clinic.  It is truly a place where God uses people, y'all, and those sweet nurses are amazing.  I prayed for them, too, that God would strengthen them and keep on enabling them to minister to their patients.  I truly felt God's love in that place today, and I think it was more than just a feeling.  I believe that I was in the midst of sisters in Christ.  I don't get that feeling very often, but today it was a strong sense.  I may never know until Heaven, but until then, may I encourage you?

Whatever you're facing, ask God to use you.  I asked Him of that today...that in the midst of my anxiety and jittery nerves, that He would use me as a vessel to bless others.  I believe He did.  I made some pretty neat eye contact with several people today, and I believe it was a look of recognition that passed between us.  Their eyes had light in them.  I pray mine did, too, even though they were closed a lot.  (I prayed myself right to sleep several times!  Ooops!)

He will use you in the midst of your circumstances.  Mine may or may not be over, but I'll take one day at a time, and I will be thankful.  How many times can I write Philippians 4:6-7?  I love the part where Paul tells us to thank Him for all He's done.

I am doing that tonight.

I will leave you with yet another video, my newest favorite song by Matt Redman.  Your Grace Finds Me.

Listen and concentrate on the words.  "I'm breathing in Your grace, and breathing out Your praise."

Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...