Sunday, September 1, 2013

family

This weekend was a wonderful reminder that life is short, and that time with family is a gift.  It seems like we've had a lot going on lately, or my mom and step-dad have been gone...so tonight was a really nice time of catching up with everyone at their house.

My sister Debi is here from Denver for a few days, and it's always so great to get to see her.  I wish we could see her more, but this year she's been home a couple of times, so I'll gladly take that.  My boys love their aunties.  (I love them too.)  The aunties are funny, crazy, they love to prank, but mostly, they just love to laugh.  Tonight was a good, old-fashioned night of a delicious dinner, amazing conversation and lots of laughter.

We have this thing, when we're all together, that all the boys sit in the kitchen at the farm table, and us gals go to the dining room.  We have shared such sweet times over those tables...and for that, I am so thankful.

We have also shared some special times around other tables~at my in-love's house as we linger of a Christmas meal and at my Dad's, while we pass around the dishes that my step-mom puts on the table.  We have laughed during these meals, we have cried, we have shared memories of loved ones passed away, we have welcomed new lives.

Sometimes, we all need to be reminded to slow down.

It was a good night.  I came across some verses tonight that kind of struck a chord with me, and I thought I would share them with you:

"The Lord always keeps His promises; He is gracious in all he does. The Lord helps the fallen and lifts those bent beneath their loads. The eyes of all look to You in hope; You give them their food as they need it. When You open Your hand, You satisfy the hunger and thirst of every living thing. The Lord is righteous in everything He does; He is filled with kindness. The Lord is close to all who call on him, yes, to all who call on Him in truth. He grants the desires of those who fear him; He hears their cries for help and rescues them. The Lord protects all those who love him, but He destroys the wicked. I will praise the Lord, and may everyone on earth bless his holy name forever and ever. I will praise the Lord, and may everyone on earth bless His holy name forever and ever." Psalm 145:13~21

What do you have going on that you can slow down on, so you can enjoy some Godly rest?  I challenge you~look for some areas in your life that you can minimize your activities, and take some time and spend some good, quality moments with those you love most.

I leave you with some pictures of three (out of four) of my beautiful sisters.




(They're probably gonna yell at me for this, but this was last summer in Florida, when we celebrated Lisa's 50th birthday...Trish, then Lisa, then Debi.  I love these pictures of them!)

Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...