Wednesday, September 4, 2013

do you know what day it is?!

I love that commercial.  Seriously.  I see it all the time, and still it cracks me up.  I have started and deleted at least three posts lately...I guess the good Lord wants me to keep my mouth shut.  Last night I started to complain about my issues with Facebook, but I deleted that one, too.  What good does it do to complain?  I think it's better to just overlook things, ya know?  So once again, I hit the button to erase it.

This has been the strangest week for me.  I can't seem to get caught up on anything (like laundry) and today is the only day I have left at home for about a week and a half.  We'll be gone most of tomorrow~from 8:15 until almost five, by the time we finish our after-school errands.  The rest of the evening will be spent packing for our trip!  We are leaving Friday morning and will not return until Sunday September 15th.

We have a ridiculous amount of things that we needed to get accomplished today, and now after seven hours of almost non-stop work, I can say that we did it!  The boys needed to finish all their school work before we leave, and today they were flying through math, science, vocabulary...we finished all the chapters we needed to and we took some tests.  I am so proud of them!  And I finished my week of Bible study homework on Leviticus.  Tonight I plan on working on something else while the boys are in church.  (Graham even worked today, which makes it even more amazing to me.)

We even had lunch with my Mom.  :)

Today was one of those days that'll go down in the history books.  There are so many other types of days when you homeschool, so I will savor this moment.  And I will re-read this blog.

I think I had a lot to say when I started this post at eight thirty this morning, but it's all gone now.  I used up all my words teaching my kids today.  I'm sure I'll think of something else by the time tomorrow morning rolls around.

I will leave you with some pictures I took of the various surfaces in my kitchen and dining room.  There were two more desks in use, but I didn't get that picture.



Love to all.

1 comment:

  1. I love that commercial too!! I laugh every time!!! Our homeschool year is getting off to a slow start. I have so many things going on at oncee. I miss renewed moms so much, I just couldn't afford it this year. I miss you all A LOT!! I miss the deep study, I miss the kids. Love ya

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Share Your Shelf!

  Happy Thursday and bonus post day, friends! I'm joining up with Joanne , Tanya , and Marilyn to talk about the great books I read thi...