Tuesday, August 13, 2013

some things I saw in cyber world today and a picture from our afternoon

My poor husband is on day number four of being stuck at home.  God love him.  On the bright side, we have LOVED having him at home and all to ourselves these past few days.  We've had some marathon television watching taking place around here.  Yesterday was Lizard Lick Towing (do NOT ask) and today seems to be Criminal Minds and CSI Miami.

While they've watched, I've cleaned and laundered and cooked and cleaned up and organized my Bible study stuff and completed days two through five of our community group study.  I've also made lists of important dates for my small group at Renewed Moms.  I've listened to lots of K-Love and I've read several passages of Scripture in the Bible.  And I finished a book.  And started a new one.  :)

In surfing the web today (as my sweet daddy likes to say), I came across some pictures that I liked and thought I would share them with you.


This picture reminds me of the females in my family.  My mom, my mom-in-love, my step mom, my sisters...they've all got the incredible gift of being able to beautifully decorate their humble abodes.  I love seeing people's homes...and when I go to a friend's house for the first time, I love to get a glimpse of their home-life.  It's always been fascinating to me.  I also love the warm, cozy glow of light pouring through their windows at night.


I saw this on Facebook today and loved it...and the reminder that no matter how many times we mess up and fail, God never fails us.  His mercy endures forever.

This last image will be forever etched into Noah's memory.  The pull up bar that he has been longing for finally arrived!  They had to stop what they were doing to open the box and give it a try.  I captured them in the act.


Other happenings:

A friend of mine posted on Facebook that she got her first ever truancy visit today from a Collierville police officer.  An elderly lady in her neighborhood called the police and told them that there was a lot of noise coming from her yard from multiple children, and that they should all be in school are are not.  She homeschools her four kids.  The irony of it all is that the police officer and his wife homeschool their children as well.  He then told the kids that they should continue on with their playtime.

Can you BELIEVE that?!  It always surprises me that people have nothing better to do than sit around and spy on their neighbors.  I have lots of friends who have had situations like this happen to them over the years, and I always just shake my head.

Well.  That's about all I've got for today, my friends.  Oh!  Graham had his orientation yesterday, did I mention that?  He should be finding out his schedule and when he starts soon.

Now that's all.  ;)  I hope your day has been great so far!  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...