Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday, Shmonday

It was a very uneventful weekend in the Goodwin house.  Which is okay by me on occasion....but now, I'm going a little stir crazy.  My poor hubby had some (seemingly) minor foot surgery on Friday afternoon, and he's been laid up all weekend.  I feel really bad for him~he's been in horrible pain all weekend long, so just today he had a prescription called in for him, two actually, an antibiotic and a pain killer.

God love him.  It's sad to see this big, strapping man somewhat helpless.  I think it's grating on his nerves, too.  He even stayed home from work today, and as I write, he's extremely aggravated over a situation with one of his customers.  I realize that stuff like this happens pretty often, but being stuck at home is making it worse, I'm certain.

On another note, yesterday was week two of teaching tenth grade girls.  And even though I just met them last week, I already love them.  I appreciate so much how they were so willing to share with us yesterday.  Our lesson was all about how we are made in the image of God, and some pretty tough questions were asked of them.  Both Scottie and I shared something from our lives, and most of them were willing to do the same.  I am telling you, these girls are precious.

Last night was also my second week of being a leader for the ninth grade girls in community groups.  And the same thing applies to these girls; they are absolutely precious.  We laughed and laughed and we introduced a book that we'll be going through together this semester.  It's called Her: Becoming a Proverbs 31 Girl, and it's really good.  I know that I'm not a young girl, but there is a lot that I'm gaining from it as well.  If you're the mom of a teen-aged girl, I strongly recommend that you try this book.  It's written by Emily Cole.

So that's about it for me on this weekend.  Drew and I took a monstrous trip to some grocery stores today.  We went to three: Aldi, Walmart, then Target.  It's been a while since I've made a trip to the store like this, and let me just tell you how excited my kids are that we have different things to eat for lunch everyday!  I got the makings for soup, for sandwich wraps, marshmallows (for crackers baked in the oven with peanut butter and marshmallows on them), pasta's, salad fixings...you name it, I got it.  My pantry and fridge are full once again, and the boys are happy.  (I've been trying to go through what we already had.)

I pray your weekend was wonderful and that your Monday was great.  Love to all.

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...