Tuesday, July 23, 2013

fun facts

So remember all the laundry I had to do yesterday?  Would you believe that I did not do any of it?  I am almost ashamed to tell you that I sat around and did a whole lot of nothing all day.  GASP!  I watched The Today Show, and then I switched to the Food Network, and finally, (!!!) I watched Fox News.  She had a boy!  In case all your social media news feeds didn't tell you so.

It's so unlike me to be so unproductive.  I will tell you, though, that I enjoyed every single moment.  :)

On today's agenda is getting our cats to the vet.  One of them has a urinary tract infection, because for the third time in a couple weeks, we found pee on the floor this morning.  Whichever cat it is will be staying at the vet until she's all better.  (I hope it's not Twinkles who's sick.)

And yes, I do love both of the cats.  I just hate when they're sick.

For the second morning in a row, it's raining.  Thunder.  Lightning.  I do love a good, old-fashioned thunderstorm.  I'm assuming that the pool party that Graham and Drew had planned to attend today with our church's youth is canceled.

I hope it's not raining later this afternoon.  If it is, it will throw a damper on the dinner I had planned.  (Grilling in the rain is no fun.)

My best friend is coming over tonight!  I have warned the hubby and the boys that we might lock ourselves into the man cave to watch our show together.  :)  I can't wait to see her!!  We always say we're going to watch our show, then three hours later, we're still talking.  I love her.

Since the little Prince of Cambridge was born yesterday afternoon, I've learned several interesting terms that the British use.  Like the term "winge", for instance.  It means "whine".  "Poppers" are buttons or snaps.  I could go on, but those were the two that came to mind.  We've also had a brief lesson on British government.  And we talked about Princess Diana.

I started a delicious, new book last night.  :)  It's so good, I couldn't put it down.  And when I woke up at one a.m. and couldn't fall back to sleep, I went into my bathroom and read until I got sleepy.  It was about an hour later.

So, on Instagram, I started following Natalie Morales...she's adorable.  And stuck in London, apparently, until the Duke and Duchess and baby Prince make their way out of the hospital.

Speaking of Natalie Morales, I love The Today Show.  I'm watching it now.  I would be perfectly content to watch this show every single morning for the rest of my life.  :)

Well.  My coffee is getting cold, so that means I need to go.  Have a glorious day, my friends.  Love to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...