Friday, July 5, 2013

celebrating

We spent Wednesday with my friend Lori and her family at their pool.  They had quite the set-up with a giant waterslide, a cotton candy maker, a popcorn machine and burgers, hot dogs and barbecue.  There was so much food, and there were so many teenagers who consumed it all!  They said that they've never had that many teenagers there before.  I was glad to have them around.

I thought I would share some pictures:


Left to right: Noah, Jonah, Alex, Cole and at the top, Doug.  I posted this on Instagram and my friend Sarah hashtagged it #brothersinChrist.  Isn't that cool?  I love this picture.


 Jonah was shoving this yummy-ness in his mouth like there was no tomorrow.


 There was a watermelon-eating contest.


The kids watched the fireworks show from the pool.  That is the perfect way to watch fireworks, I must say!

It was so much fun celebrating with these precious people.  We've come to know and love them through church and through our homeschool group.  I am so thankful for Godly friends!

Yesterday we hung around our house until around three, then we headed out to Nana's and Big Daddy's.  Where you're never too old to play with firecrackers.  ;)  They do love some fireworks...Big Daddy and these boys and their daddy. 




Big Daddy bought some big fireworks this year.  We oohed and aahhhed.  We ate delicious falling-off-the-bone ribs, potato salad, slaw, beans and bread.  We enjoyed Nana's homemade fudge and some peanut butter cheesecake.

Fun was had by all.  :)

 I pray your day was wonderful and that you were surrounded by those you love. 

Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

What's Up Wednesday

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with  Sheaffer  and  Shay  for today's blog post. I'm going to jump right in, and the...