Monday, July 29, 2013

bloggable moments

I didn't think I would ever be able to post a picture from our garden, but at long last, I am able to do just that!  The okra is from Noah's garden box, and the jalapeno's are from Drew's.  The garlic is from Graham's box...did you know that you can plant a clove of garlic and it will grow new garlic?  You can barely see it there on the right.



I'm going to make this okra for Noah tomorrow.

My sweet friend Scottie came over today~we talked about some things for our class that we'll be teaching and for the group that we'll be discipling on Sunday nights.  We had to decide on a book to do with our girls on Sunday night, and then we just sat and enjoyed each other's company.  

I made a yummy dinner tonight~roast cooked in beer and pepperoncini juice, along with the pepperoncini peppers.  It was ridiculous.  In a mouth-watering way.

And then...AND THEN...I pulled together some munchies for our Bachelorette season finale party!  My best friend Mandy came over with her daughter Haley, Haley's friend Margo came, and my sweet new friend Sarah Biggs from church came.  It was so fun!  Until the show ended horribly and someone ended up sobbing.  (Me.)

After I spewed diet coke out of my nose and my mouth.  Do you KNOW how long it's been since I've done that?  I was laughing and before I knew it...well.  You get the drift.  (And yes.  I'm drinking diet coke again.)

Fun times!  Here's a pic of our munchies before Sarah came~she brought some yummy homemade brownies.  :)


It was a great day.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow, too.  We're going to a Redbirds game tomorrow night with my favorite in-love's.  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...