Tuesday, May 28, 2013

what Summer looks like

Our weekend kicked off Summer with a fun start.  I know I've mentioned on here how thankful I am that God brought the boys and I to our homeschool group, Renewed Moms.  A really sweet friend from the group, Kim, invited us over to their house for dinner and game night Friday night.  I was so thankful that she invited us, because even though we didn't know them well going over there, as a result of our time together Friday night, I know we will be friends with them forever.  Even though she and her kids are leaving Renewed Moms and moving, they're not moving too far away.

Plus, our kids get along fabulously.  We had a yummy dinner of lasagna that her daughter made, salad and garlic bread.  While we talked, the kids swam.  And we never got around to playing games...we sat and talked the whole time.  My hubby had to leave by ten, and both of us hated to go, we were enjoying ourselves so much.

Saturday was spent on the run all day.  ;)  The Gen SC kids (student council) from our group had a social at Putt Putt Golf and Games...and talk about a flashback.  That was my hangout in the Summer months back in the day.  For those of you who might be local to me, have you heard about Super Saturday?  For $7.50, you can have unlimited putt putt golf, two outside attractions (go carts or bumper boats), a small drink and popcorn and $8 worth of arcade money.

Needless to say, fun was had by all.  I thought I would share some pictures:




After being at Putt Putt for several hours, the older boys had a car wash fundraiser here in The Ville.

While they were having a blast washing cars, Todd and I took Jonah and Noah and Evil Knievel to Costco.


See?  Isn't Noah adorable in this?  Todd and Jonah were inside Costco.

After this picture, I went home to cook dinner.  We had a really yummy Mexican chicken casserole, with fresh lettuce and tomatoes as a garnish, served with rice and black beans.  Yummmm.  It was delicious.  I took a picture, but forgot to save it.

Sunday morning was spent at church.  The boys and I went to my mom's and Bill's for dinner.  Well, Graham, Drew and I~Todd had a camp counselor meeting at church, and Jonah and Noah spent the night with Andy.  It was a quiet evening with a yummy dinner.  Look at what we saw on their back patio:


Baby birds!  So precious, and so miraculous.  :)

The sunset driving home was brilliant, too:


It reminds me of Chris Tomlin's "How Great is Our God".  Sigh.  He is.

We stayed home on Monday.  I love this shot of Noah and Zander:


They were working on their tans, I suppose.  How funny are they?

We ended up cooking out with our favorite neighbors, Travis and Katie.  Any chance I get to hold this sweet little thing, is a fun time:


Even if he did pee all over me.  ;)

It's been a while, what can I say?  I forgot how fast you have to move to cover up those little boy parts!  He was also cooing and smiling at me...if I didn't know better, I'd think he was laughing at the oops we had.

It was an amazing weekend.  I pray yours was, too.

Speaking of praying, may I pray for you?  If you would prefer to email me with a need, please do.  My email is allboys@gmail.com.

Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...