Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Wednesday What~Not

1.  {Yes, this will be a numbered post.  Just because I'm feeling special tonight.}  Todd, Jonah and I are enjoying a Duck Dynasty marathon.  The episode that's on right this minute is the one where all the guys go to the doughnut shop in order to win the r.v.  Love!

2.  I created a new Facebook page today, for the people who are memorizing Scripture with me.  Back in January, I created a Facebook event for the year, but I noticed that after January passed, the event was not recurring, and it became difficult to access.  So, I decided to just create a new page for it...I named it Quest.  I liked the definition of the word~"an act or an instance of seeking".  Pretty cool, huh?  We should all be on a quest to draw closer to God.  I created the page because {in case you don't know}, I'm memorizing Scripture this year.  I did this in 2011, and what God did in my life as a result is indescribable.  Last year, in lieu of doing this, I read through the Bible in chronological order.  I'm back to memorizing in 2013...we'll see what the future holds for 2014.  ;)

3.  In other news, why must people use Facebook as a way to share news stories?  Call me crazy, but when I stalk people {tongue in cheek}, I want to see fun statuses, or Bible verses and fun pictures of them or their families.  Not how horrible our world is right this moment~if I wanted that, I would tune into to a major news network.  

4.  Tomorrow night is a rarity in my house!  My husband is working a maintenance night for the sheriff's department, and after that, he is going to volunteer to assist in the training of our local law enforcement.  It's called "active shooter training", and it's all about what might happen if {God forbid} there was a school shooting here.  He gets to play a "person down" and is super pumped.  ;)  It's from seven at night, till like three a.m.  I don't know if he'll stay that long, but he'll at least be there until one a.m.  I'm excited, because I get to have a girls' night out with my Bible study girls!!  I can't wait~we decided we're going to go to Swanky's so we can eat outside.  :) 

5.  I think I'm border-line obsessed with my blog.  I would love to "grow" it...but I have no idea how.  Any suggestions?  Maybe my posts are too random...there's no rhyme or reason to the way I write...I just seem to spew off whatever might be on my brain at that moment.  If you have a blog with a lot of readers or followers, feel free to share the love and comment.

6.  Another thing I'm obsessed with are the Yada Yada Prayer Group books!  I'm re-reading them, and I'm on book four in the series of seven.  I cannot seem to put them down...and I can't believe how much I had forgotten in the years it's been since I've read them for the first time.  If you're interested in them for your reading pleasure, they're written by Neta Jackson.  After this series comes at least two more series, possibly three.  The same characters are sprinkled throughout. 

I can't write anymore.  Especially after writing about my Yada Yada books.  I need to go read.  Thanks for reading.  Love to all. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog. It so much fun to read. I am excited about Quest. I miss you ladies alredy :)
    I want to grow my blog too! That's another quest of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Esther! {Have I told you how much I love your name?! That was one of the best Bible studies I ever did~Beth Moore's study on the book of Esther...I can't say your name without thinking of it!}

    I miss YOU ladies, too!!! I was so bummed after last Thursday. I hate goodbye's!

    Let me know if you figure out how. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...