Tuesday, May 14, 2013

pictures from my phone

I still cannot get over the song Cornerstone.  I'm listening to it as I write.  The lyrics resound deep within me...wanna read them?  {It'll work best if you listen to the video I posted last night and read the lyrics while you listen.}


My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
But wholly trust in Jesus name

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
But wholly trust in Jesus name

Christ alone; Cornerstone
Weak made strong; in the Savior's love
Through the storm, He is Lord
Lord of all

When Darkness seems to hide His face
I rest on His unchanging grace
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil
My anchor holds within the veil

Christ alone; cornerstone
Weak made strong; in the Savior's love
Through the storm, He is Lord
Lord of all
He is Lord
Lord of all

Christ alone
Christ alone; Cornerstone
Weak made strong; in the Savior's love
Through the storm, He is Lord
Lord of all

Christ alone; Cornerstone
Weak made strong; in the Savior's love
Through the storm, He is Lord
Lord of all

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless stand before the throne. 

Is that not beautiful?  I can't help but worship my awesome God every time I hear this...and I cannot even begin to imagine how it will be when I see my sweet Jesus for the first time.  I can only imagine...sounds like a song, right?  

;)

Speaking of seeing Jesus...a friend from our old church went to be with Him today.  I loved this sweet man and his dry sense of humor.  His wife and I did several Bible studies together, and I am praying for her, their children and grandchildren.  He wasn't all that old, but Jesus decided that Mr. Ernie had completed his work here on earth.  

Friends, there is so much time being wasted.  We don't know the hour or the day when our Lord will return, but are you ready to meet Him?  If He were to call you home right now, where would you go?  Do you know Him?  Serve Him and walk in His ways?

If you don't, can I challenge you to start?  Pick up the Bible and start in the book of John.  Read about who He is!  If you ever want to talk...or comment...or email...comment or email me and I will talk with you!  It would be a pleasure to pray with you...because we all need praying friends.  I'll be yours.  

The rest of our day looked a little like this:


Drew and I ran to the post office this morning and passed the shop where my mom works...I had to take a picture, because it's so beautiful.  It's Cottage on Main.  They sell furniture, home decor, dried florals, knick knacks, candles...I could go on.


Oh, this child.  He's been looking forward to this day for months...when he went to the park with a cleaned-out mayonnaise jar with vanilla ice cream inside.  Does that not look disgusting?!  Y'all.  This made his day.  It's all about the little things in life...I always say that, do I not?


 Come four o'clock every afternoon, this is where Crash sits.  He waits {im}patiently for his master to come home...and he watches his boys play in our front yard.  Is he not adorable?  It's a good thing.


 And last, but not least...I re-did my nails today.  My sister Debi bought me a new color while she was here~Jade Is The New Black.  Love!

That's about it.  Thanks for reading!  Love to all. 

(If you read this often, will you "join" my blog?  That's what you see on the side with the little pictures of my friends.  I would much appreciate it.)
 

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...