Friday, April 19, 2013

when we're out of words...

When tragedy strikes {multiple times, like it did this week}, how do we react?
When words offend, how do we handle it?
When people are watching our every move, how do we act?
When we don't know what to say, what do we say?
When we don't know how to pray, what do we pray?
When others might hate, how do we not?

I wish I had all the answers.

I don't, though.

The only thing I do know to do is simple: pray.

How do you pray in the midst of all that happened this week?

I don't know that either.  But I can tell you what Psalm 139:1~5 says:

"O LORD, You have searched me and You know me.  You know when I sit and when I rise.  You perceive my thoughts from afar.  You discern my going out and my lying down; You are familiar with all my ways.  Before a word is on my tongue, You know it completely O LORD.  You hem me in, behind and before; You have laid Your hand upon me."

Before a word is on our tongue~He knows it completely.

There have been times that I haven't known what to pray, so I've just uttered, "Jesus" over and over again.  He knows what I mean.

Sometimes that's all we can do.

In spite of a horrific week for America, we still have much to be thankful for.  I'll leave you with a passage I read tonight from Isaiah 45.  I pray you can take comfort in the words.  Love to all.


No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...