Tuesday, April 23, 2013

thankful

{I'm not re-starting my "thankful" posts, don't worry.}

Last night, our nephew Nathan, called Todd while he was at our neighbor's house.  He said, "My dad's okay, but..." and had to get off the phone.  I think Todd must have run home, because he appeared to be pretty shaken up by the call.  Tracy, our sister-in-law, called Todd back within minutes and told him that Tim and Nathan had been riding their bikes, and Tim had gotten hit by a car. 

He was okay~but pretty banged up with a cut forehead and a broken arm. 

Her phone was going dead, so she had him call his parents and break the news to them.  They seemed to take it pretty well, better than I thought they were capable of. 

Turns out, Tim ended up with a broken wrist, and will probably have surgery within the next few days.  They {finally} did a CT scan on him, and was given a good report.  I'm not sure, but am assuming that he had to have stitches to close up the cut on his forehead.  {She texted Todd a picture~he was pretty banged up.}

And while Todd was on the phone with his parents, I did what I always do when I don't know what to say or do~I read the Bible.  I wanted to read Psalm 91, and thank God for being Tim's refuge when this all happened...because, truthfully, this whole thing could have been so much worse. 

In reading Psalm 91, I came across verse 11:

"For He will order His angels to protect you wherever you go."

This morning I read a little further and saw verse 12:

"They will hold you up with their hands so you won't even hurt your foot on a stone." 

God is good to give us verses like this, and I love chapter ninety-one of Psalm.  I read verses 2 and 4 over and over from this chapter when Noah was hit by a car two years ago.  {In late April, just like his Uncle Tim, how ironic is that?!}

Will you help me pray for them?  For Tim, as they schedule surgery for his wrist, for Tracy, as she helps him around and has to do things for him, and especially for Nathan, their oldest son.  Nathan witnessed the whole accident, and I pray that God gives him peaceful rest at night and comfort during the day.  I can't imagine one of my kids witnessing their dad being hit by a car. 

Thank you, in advance, for helping me pray.  Love to all. 

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...