Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sunday

Sometimes it is so hard to get up on Sunday.  Especially when you don't really sleep late during the week, and you don't get to on Saturday either.  But, I did get up and enjoyed my solitary thirty minutes of quiet time and coffee drinking. 

It takes about an hour for us all to get ready on Sunday mornings.  At least three of us take showers that morning, with three taking one the night before.  {Although last night, Jonah and Noah forgot to take one.}

Thanks to Big Daddy, the boys had doughnut holes for breakfast today, which made for a special treat for them and easy breakfast for me. 

I should know by now, that on those mornings when it's so hard to get up and get going, that is the day that I should not ever miss. 

My point is this: it's not always easy to get up and go to church.  Especially when it's on a cold, rainy Sunday morning like today.  It's not easy to get yourself and five other people out the door.  It's not easy to remember our Bibles, and to pay close enough attention to take notes. 

Yet we continue to put forth that extra effort. 

Why?  Because I want my boys to be followers of Jesus, not of this world.

We will continue to raise our boys in church.  We will continue to teach them about worship, and to get rid of that old selfish ambition we have about it.  We will continue to teach them from the Bible, and we will continue to memorize God's word. 

It is so worth it!  I pray that they know God and love and serve Him everyday of their life.  I want to encourage you as parents who read this~keep striving toward that goal. 

"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."  {Philippians 3:14}

Keep going.  Keep doing what you're doing.  Don't skip church just because you feel like it.  We may not have the freedom of going to church forever, and if that day comes, you will regret ever having missed.  

I mean this with the utmost love, and pray you receive it well. 

Love to all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...