Monday, March 11, 2013

Happy birthday, Graham! Day 131

There is no way I'm old enough to have a fourteen year old son.  No way on earth.  And yet...I do.

Graham Douglas had to be persuaded to come into this world, but he finally did, at twelve twenty-nine p.m. on March eleven of nineteen ninety-nine. 

I remember reading how some mothers didn't feel intense love for their child at first, but that it would eventually come.  Well, that didn't happen to me.  I had never, until that moment, felt a love like that.  I remember my Mom saying, "Now you know how much I love you."

It was indescribable. 

I used to pick Graham up, while he was sleeping as a newborn, and hold him.  Just because I wanted to. 

Poor thing, he didn't get to experience being an only child for very long, because when he was three months old, I became pregnant with Drew.  I don't think he minds too much, though.

I am so proud of this young man of mine.  I know that God has big things in store for him.  He is such a Godly example to his friends~so much so, that some of his friendships have suffered a little bit from it. 

It's so hard for me to believe that on this day next year, I will be taking him to get his learner's permit.  And then teaching him how to drive.  It just seems like yesterday that he was born.

He's not perfect, this young man of mine, but he's a work in progress.  He's smart, mature for his age and responsible.  He's got some great friends, and he's constantly working on trying to be a better one. 

He loves the Lord, loves to worship and sing, loves to tap out the beat on any surface that will stand still.  He loves adults, and he loves serving in the kids department with me at church. 

He has a calling from God on his life, and I don't know what that is, or what it may involve, but I do know that God is up to something in him. 

I couldn't be more proud.  I am so blessed to be the mom of this amazing young man. 


Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...