Monday, March 4, 2013

day 123, Sunday

You know how we were going to look for another church?  One more similar to what we came from?  Well, it's funny how God has a sense of humor. 

We were encouraged to stay and try the Revival that was happening at CFBC.  So we did, and we've decided we're not going anywhere.  It's funny how God can enlighten you that maybe it's not the church that needs to change, but the people from within. 

The people being us.  Me. 

Between the nights/days of Revival at church and a new devotion that I'm doing that my mom-in-love gave me {titled, Will You Worship?}, God is showing me some things.  He's showing Todd some things, too. 

Not only Todd, but the majority of the men in our church.

Because it's not about the building you meet in, or the kind of church it is {as long as it's a Bible believing church}.  It's about the people inside the church...us.  Me.  And the condition of our hearts. 

Through the nights I sat and listened to the speaker at the Revival, God has shown me that what needs to change is my time with Him...something Steve called a holy hour.  I'm going back to putting God first.  Not Todd.  Not my kids. 

Not the computer and definitely not Facebook.

Speaking of that, I'm not on the computer much these days.  I get on briefly in the morning to check my email and maybe update my status on Facebook {although since Friday, I haven't even done that.} and write a blog post and maybe read some of my favorite blogs if I have time.  I might not get to all of that, though.  I'm only doing this now because Todd is home sick today and he and Jonah are watching Alaska State Troopers.  I'm letting the other boys sleep in, because a couple of them have been having issues at night.

And all of that only comes after I've spent an hour {give or take} alone with God.

He is first. 

I'm praying that what God has done at CFBC through the two week Revival keeps happening.  I pray that what He started in the hearts of many in our church continues.  I pray that we overflow from the building in which we meet into the town/city around us.  I pray that my loved ones who do not know Him come to know Him.  I pray that He uses me in some way to reach them. 

I am thankful for the fact that people at church  loved us enough to encourage us to stay and try Revival.  I am thankful for a pastor who allowed a Revival team to come and take residence and completely take over our church for two full weeks.  I am thankful for the work God has started.  I pray that it continues.

Love to all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.12.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...