Friday, March 1, 2013

day 121, Friday

I love time with my dad.  Today didn't disappoint, as usual.  I recommended Chick Fil A or Backyard Burger for lunch, but he was craving Cracker Barrel.  ;)  It was so good...we had chicken & dumplings, one kid had shrimp, one had a burger, one had catfish and the other had a pork chop.  YUM! 

My dad got coffee with his meal, and do you know how amazing their coffee is?  I took a drink of his and oh my word.  I loved it so much that he bought me a bag of it when he paid the bill!  How sweet is he?!  I'm enjoying some as we speak.

Today, I am thankful for the gift of laughter.  I enjoyed several moments of it today.  Daddy and I got to laughing at a childhood memory of mine that involves my best friend from that time, Stacy.  It was Christmas time, and we had decorated the tree that night.  We munched on sausage balls the whole time...and ate too many, apparently.  I got sick and made it to the bathroom just in the nick of time. 

Stacy, on the other hand is a different story.  The minute I laid back down in bed, she hurtled over me and starting throwing up the second her feet hit the floor.  The only reason I can explain how high she managed to get it, was because it was projectile.  I have never seen anything like it.  She threw up the entire way down the hall.  And poor Daddy and Sandy...they must have been up for two hours cleaning up after her.  It was a good thing they loved that girl so much.

Over the years, she and I enjoyed laughing over that story many times.  We still do, in fact, when we talk.

The other moments of laughter tonight consisted of my children embarrassing the daylights out of me at Costco.  They dared Drew's friend Will to eat something gross and when he did, Graham had to sing the most hilarious song I have ever heard, called, Penguin Power Team.  He looks adorable when he sings it, and I was crying I was laughing so hard...because people were staring at him.  I got a video of him singing it here at home, but gmail won't let me email it to myself from my phone.  :-(  If I figure out a way to work it out, I'll come back and edit.

Drew dared Will again and this time, Drew had to sing this song.


When he started the second chorus, he got really loud, and people were stopping and staring.  I was about to crawl under the table.  I thought it was my job to embarrass them, not the other way around! 

But it's okay.  I wouldn't trade these moments for anything in the world...embarrassment and all. 

James 1:17 says, "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with Whom there is no variation or the slightest hint of change." 

Every good and perfect gift is from Him...and my boys are my gifts.  Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...