Friday, February 15, 2013

dreams

Do you ever have a dream, and wake up mad at the circumstances in the dream?  I was having a horrible dream about my husband, and in it, I was so mad at him.  I think I was about to start crying, actually, but never made it to that point. 

Add to that, the fact that he fell asleep on the couch last night and stayed there all night, and well...I was a tiny bit aggravated when I woke up.  {Keepin' it real here, folks.} 

But then, I remember that it was just a dream.  And I thanked God that it was, because it was horrible.  We were talking about the "d-word" with our kids.  Yikes.  See why I was about to cry?

And then I remembered that Todd didn't sleep well the night before last.  Our mattress is horrible, and we desperately need a new one.  Todd wakes up stiff and sore every single morning, and a night on the couch gave him better sleep than a night on our mattress.

Then he told me he had just made the coffee and that it was all ready. 

And that while he was waiting on that, he had loaded the dishwasher and started it for me. 

Sigh.  I'm so thankful that it was just a dream.  And that my reality is so much better than my dreams.  Tell me I'm not the only one who dreams so emotionally...I often wake up crying or laughing, or with my head reeling from a crazy dream-filled night of sleep. 

I dream very vividly.  I always have.  Sometimes that's a good thing...sometimes not so much. 

Do you have crazy dreams?  I know it's not just me! 

Happy Friday, my friends.  Love to all. 

2 comments:

Clementsville: Population of 5! said...

My dreams can be very vivid as well and I've had dreams before about Cary. It can be heart breaking... I wake up crying most of the time!! :( So no, your not alone!

Jennifer Goodwin said...

I have always dreamed like this. It's crazy! I don't even eat weird stuff, or anything. ;) I hate waking up crying...I've done that many times as well.

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...