Monday, February 11, 2013

day 103, Monday, February 11th

Did you know that Chris Kyle is being laid to rest today?  Did you know that he had 160 confirmed sniper hits throughout his four tours in the second Iraq war?  My boys were fascinated by him when that show Stars Earn Stripes was on. 

It's so sad...that he was killed. 

I don't know about you, but I am thankful for our troops.  I thank God for them.  For their willingness to fight for our freedom.  For their bravery.

I pray that in some way, his family finds comfort today.  I pray that in some way, they experience God's peace.  He was the son of a deacon and Sunday school teacher.  He leaves behind a wife and two sons. 

I can't even begin to imagine their pain. 

I pray for the spouses and kids {and moms and dads} of our troops.  I pray for their morale, for their well-being...not only for while they're on tour, but for when they return home. 

If you see a serviceman, thank him.  I know I will. 

Love to all. 

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...