Tuesday, January 22, 2013

something a little more uplifting than my last post:

No matter the fears, or the anxieties that I have, there are certain things that I know, and I thought I would share.

*No matter what I face, I know that God will NEVER leave me or forsake me.  (Hebrews 13:5)

*Today is just that~a day.  A small blip on the huge scale of life.  'And this too, shall pass', as my father-in-law loves to say.

*In the grand scheme of things, just how important is what I might be worrying about?  I have a feeling that it's not that important.

*My kids are very resilient and very smart.  I don't think I give them enough credit.

*Rough days will happen.  Very often.  It's how I deal with those days that matters.  Today we ended our school day by playing Scrabble and laughing, and being artsy.

*The memories they make far outweigh everything else.

*Our smile, or our attitude, is the most important thing we will "put on" each day.  ("Because of the Lord's great love, we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness."  Lamentations 3:22, 23)

*Just like the verse above says, tomorrow is a new day.

I feel so much better since I wrote that last "thankful" post.  It's funny what prayer can do for you.  It's like talking to God on the phone.  Sometimes just letting it all out makes a world of difference.  He already knows our thoughts, so why wouldn't I just tell Him?

Thanks for "listening".  Or reading.  Whatever.  You know what I mean.

Love to all.  




No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...