Tuesday, January 29, 2013

If you were a fly on the wall, you would see (or hear)...

...

the way that Graham did an about-face in Walmart today.  Seriously, I almost ran him over with the basket.  We were heading out the door, when he stopped and ran up to an elderly man who had just walked in.  He was saying, "Sir!  Sir!"  The man stopped, and Graham held out his hand and said, "Thank you for serving our country."  The man looked him dead in the eye and with a stunned look that turned radiant, said, "Thank you, young man."

the many times the boys told me "thank you" today.  For a special lunch, for dinner, for making homemade chocolate chip cookies, for homeschooling them, for helping them with math or vocabulary words, for buying them all their favorite flavors of yogurt.

us once again at the Johnson Park turf football field.  We had a great day of school and celebrated by going there when all the work was completed.

the kids arguing.  Me telling them to stop.

them hug each other.  How can argumentative little souls argue one minute and hug the next?  I don't know, but I love to see it.

the looks I get when I walk into the Walmart at twelve thirty on a Monday afternoon.  With four boys around me, on a school day, no less.  I can see/feel the judgement.

me pray about friends who I feel are mad at me for some reason.  I don't like knowing or wondering if someone is mad at me, and over the past few weeks, I have felt that way.

me, dressed down on a day that started off being dreary.  I did apply some make-up, though. 

hearing/seeing Jonah and Noah cry tonight over a conversation we had about loving one another. 

(Written Monday night)

Love to all. 

2 comments:

  1. You have great kids and you are a WONDERFUL mom! :) We need to get together soon for coffee or something! Miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shari, thank you!! I would love to get together for coffee!

    Katie, you are so sweet! Thank you so much, but YOU are an amazing mom!! Don't ever doubt that about yourself, my sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...