Tuesday, January 1, 2013

days 61 & 62

It's no secret that I've been trying to intentionally thankful each day.  What started as "Thankful November" and a gratitude journal of sorts has led to these ongoing blog posts.  I sincerely hope you're not tired of them yet, but if you are, it's okay.  ;)

My purpose in writing this way is this: I am trying to find the joy in small, simple moments.  In being intentionally thankful, I've noticed that my eyes are more open to what lies around me.  Sunsets.  Sunrises.  Gentle air blowing.  Laughter.  Hugs.  Sweet time with my Savior.

I've been trying to keep up this project (that I now call it) with photos.  I do love to take pictures, but today I didn't pick up my camera one time.  Unusual and freeing, all at the same time.  ;)  Sometimes I overdo it with the pictures, but they're also memories for me, so I don't feel too bad.

I decided to start calling it Project 365, because I'm going to continue with it all year.  And I like the name.  :)  I got the idea for the name from another blog, but what I'm doing is a lot different. 

In being intentionally thankful, I'm noticing God's goodness all around me more.  I'm more purposeful in looking for it, too, which is something that has blessed me so much.  I've thought about taking a break from this whole writing thing, but doing this project has made me change my mind.  I'm determined to keep up with seeking God in the everyday moments.  Looking for His goodness.  Searching to see the things He is doing in my life, and in the life of those dear to me. 

All this being said, on days 61, I am thankful for the rain.  As much as I miss the sunshine, I was thankful that on this day, the rain forced us to stay inside.  It forced us to spend time talking, or playing games...just being. 

Together. 

Today was day 62, and on this day, I am thankful for laughter.  We're watching a game show (I do not do game shows normally) and making fun of the couple that is participating together.  They look like a cheesy, Saturday Night Live couple doing a skit.  I'm glad that Todd and I have the same sense of humor and find the same things funny.  And, we relentlessly tease one another.  I know it might sound trivial, but laughter is a huge part of my everyday life. 

I'm a personality girl.  I have always been attracted to great personalities, and as handsome as my man is, he has an amazing personality, too.  Laughter is how we make our family function.  It always has been, and I pray it always stays that way. 

Happy New Year, my friends.  I pray your day has been wonderful and that you had loved ones to celebrate with.  I pray that the Lord blesses you and your families throughout this year. 

Love to all. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful you didn't decide to quit writing. I check your blog off and on all day and just before I go to bed at night to see if you have added anything and so does Wiley. When I see a new one I will ask him if he saw it and usually he has and if not he comes to read it then. So, even if you feel like no one else is reading please keep doing it to keep your in-loves happy!!! :-) As you know, I prayed for my son's wives from the time they were babies (and my grandsons too), and I prayed that their marriages would be as happy as ours and God answered my prayers in a wonderful way!!!! Wiley and I love to talk and laugh when we go to bed at night and now we laugh more because our boys have told us how they always heard us laughing in our bedroom. Of course you know I love the pictures too!!! Keep up the good work. I LOVE YOU and thank God for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...