Monday, December 24, 2012

merry Christmas

We celebrated Christmas at my Daddy's house tonight, the home that I grew up in.  I have memories there that I don't have anywhere else.  When I walk through the door of that place, I feel like I've stepped into "home". 

It was a special night, as we went around the dinner table, sharing something about Christmas.  My Daddy cried.  I cried.  It was a memorable night. 


As we prayed, thanking God for all He has done for us, I couldn't help but think of Mary on this night so many years ago.  She's been told what was going to happen.  I love what Luke 2:19-29 says:

Mary kept all these things to herself, holding them dear, deep within herself. The sheepherders returned and let loose, glorifying and praising God for everything they had heard and seen. It turned out exactly the way they’d been told!

Cherish the time you spend with your loved ones, my friends.  Be there for them, in the moment.  Especially if you have young kids.  Make memories with them.  Not just tomorrow, but everyday. 

I know I will. 

Merry Christmas, and love to all. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...