Sunday, December 16, 2012

December 16

The dinner table. 

What does your represent? 

Hurried breakfasts? 

A spot to do homework, or pluck away at the laptop? 

Long dinners, spent laughing at the conversations taking place?

A place to dump the grocery bags, or a catch-all for backpacks and papers?

 All of those things are good.  They mean life. 

Mine represents all those things.  I can't help but wonder what the parents of those precious babies must be going through tonight. 

Are they sitting at theirs crying? 

Thinking that their life will never be the same? 

I would imagine that they are experiencing a kind of hurt that people wouldn't wish on their worst enemy.  I would think that they're asking, "Why us?  Why my family?"

I would be, too. 

I wish I had answers.  I wish I had comforting words.  But, I don't.

My comfort comes from God, and the words that He gave to the writers of the Bible. 

Tonight, I remembered one of the verses I memorized a couple years ago. 

2 Chronicles 30:27 "And God listened, listened as the sound of their ascending prayers entered His holy Heaven." (The Message)

God hears us, my friends.  He hears our cries.  He knows our hearts and what we mean to pray, when words fail us.  He knows our thoughts.

Deuteronomy 31:8 says, "Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you."

Tonight, I am thankful that there was life around my dinner table.  I pray that continues for years and years to come.  I thank God for every moment of life we're given with our sons.  

And I am ever-praying for those who have lost loved ones this week, or any other time.  I know their hearts are heavy tonight.  

Love to all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

What's Up Wednesday

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with  Sheaffer  and  Shay  for today's blog post. I'm going to jump right in, and the...