Thursday, December 13, 2012

December 13

I had the thought today that I am so thankful that I have the privilege of being a stay-at-home wife and mom.  Ever since Graham was a baby, I have always done something outside of the house, even if only part time.  For the first time in thirteen and three-quarters years, I have arrived at the place my heart longed to be. 

Home. 

I think I enjoyed being home in the past, but until things got stressful at my work last year, and until we made the decision to homeschool Jonah and Noah, I wasn't quite "there" yet.  And as much as I did enjoy our days off of school and work together, I didn't fully ever take into consideration the responsibility and joys of staying at home. 

For the first time in...well, forever...I am one hundred percent fully committed and involved in being a stay-at-home wife and mom.  I enjoy it so much!  I wasn't sure how I'd feel after a couple months.  ;)  But I love getting our school work done fairly early, then shopping with Jonah and Noah for groceries, coming up with ideas for dinner together with them, cleaning, having all the time in the world to accomplish laundry...I enjoy every single bit of it. 

I love making sure the house is (somewhat) neatened when Todd gets home.  I love (on most nights) having dinner ready for us to eat together as a family shortly after he arrives home.  I love making the boys their favorite treats...from scratch!  I love to cook, but with working part time for the last four years, it was hard to make things extra special, the way I like for them to be.

Sure, our money has been tight, but here we are four months later, and we're making it.  More than making it.  We have enjoyed more home-cooked meals, more homemade treats, and we've had so much quality family time.  I am so richly blessed, and I'm forever grateful to my wonderful husband for being supportive of me. 

That being said, today was one of the days that I really am thankful for the fact that I can stay home.  I had so much on my to-do list, it wasn't even funny!  We took a day off from school because of all that I had to do.  We had to grocery shop for dinner tonight, Jonah and Noah got started on making their gifts, I went ahead and got dinner ready, I needed to paint my fingernails (I know, I am such a girl), and I needed to clean a little.  My in-law's and Dad and Sandy are coming over for cheesecake after Graham's band concert tonight to celebrate my birthday. 

Oh, and I'm also thankful for God's protection...but that's another story for another day.  Perhaps tomorrow.  I have to run and finish up on dinner for tonight!  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...