Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December 11 & Tuesday Unwrapped

 On this, day eleven of December, I am thankful for the prompting of the Holy Spirit.  He is our friend, our Counselor, our Advocate, and I believe that He gently nudges us to say something or do something.  I think of Him almost as our "conscience", except that it's the Holy Spirit. 

We had to run a few errands today, and before leaving, Jonah and Noah cleaned out their closet.  They discovered some old Power Rangers that they no longer play with, so we thought we'd take them to Goodwill.  When we got in the car to go, as I was going through the backpack that held these toys, I immediately thought of a friend and neighbor nearby who has a precious Autistic son. 

Because of working at the school for many years and because I've kind of watched him grow up (they are neighbors, after all), I just love this boy.  He's absolutely beautiful with a heart of gold.  For the past several years, much to his mom's dismay, he's dressed up as a Power Ranger on Halloween. 

So, on our way to do our errands, we pulled up to her house and Jonah got out and placed the backpack next to her minivan, with a note attached to it.  I didn't want her to think some random kid had left his backpack at her house, hence the note.  And I didn't sign it.  I just wrote, "For H....." with a smiley face next to it.

We ran our errands and came home to do our school work and eat lunch.  I quickly got onto Facebook and saw that my friend had posted a picture of her sweet boy playing with these toys.  The caption under the picture said something like, "Whoever dropped off your old Power Rangers, THANK YOU!!!  You have made a very sick little boy so happy today."

I wasn't even thinking of being a blessing to someone today.  I just hate taking so much stuff to Goodwill.  If someone else could use it, why not give it to them instead?  That's all that was on my mind.  But evidently, that wasn't on God's mind.  I truly believe He had me do that today...to show His love...to be His hands and feet. 

Which brings me to my first Bible verse: 

Romans 10:15 says, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring glad tidings!" (Amplified Bible) 

And one more, which is totally appropriate during this season:

Acts 20:35, which says, "You'll not likely go wrong here if you keep remembering that our Master said, 'You're far happier giving than getting'." (The Message)

I'm so thankful for the Holy Spirit and His gentle nudges.  May my spiritual eyes, ears, mind and heart be forever open to His prompting.  And may He consider my feet ever beautiful. 

Love to all. 

*I'm linking up with Emily over at Chatting At The Sky for Tuesdays Unwrapped. 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this story! What a sweet reminder to listen to the Holy Spirit and His promptings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so welcome...I had to, my heart is overflowing with God's goodness! Thank you for stopping by and commenting! God bless and merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the "have to" moments of blogging- when you just know that you can't not share! Merry Christmas to your family as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it, Phyllis? I almost cried...it seriously made our day. I think we might try to do more "secret Santa" things to do for our neighbors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...