Sunday, December 2, 2012

December 1 & 2

Yesterday was a great day around here.  Our outside of the house now matches the inside of our house~it's all Christmas-y!  That would not have happened without my hubby.  I know I've already expressed my thankfulness for him, but I should really do that each and every day.  He is a really nice guy.  Have I ever mentioned that?  He's always quick to reach out and help others.  I've lost count over the years, on how many times he's bought a homeless person lunch, or pulled over to change a tire in the rain, or to help his parents pull their Christmas decorations out of their attic. 

He's always thinking of others, and always puts them ahead of himself.  I had this thought of being extra thankful for him yesterday, as he finished our outside decorations, and right up to the start of the SEC Bowl game!  What a guy.   

Speaking of decorations, we got new lights this year!  We did away with the white LED lights and went to colored LED blanket lights for our bushes.  :)  And of course we can't forget about our Christmas Beary. 

Today, on this first day of Advent, I am thankful for our church.  I think I mentioned this before as well, but today was a really great day at church.  I love our pastor, affectionately known as Brother Chuck to all of us attenders and our kids.  I love that he is on our level, and that our kids have seen him be all crazy acting at kids camp over the summer.  I love that he invests himself into their lives the way he does, and that he knows all of our names.  He's just a great guy, and his wife is pretty amazing, too.  She's even crazier than he is, and that says a lot!  ;)

I might have more to share about this on a later date, but for now I'll be done.  I would like to encourage you to find a church to attend if you don't regularly attend.  It makes such a huge difference in the way our week goes.  I love getting started on a really strong note, and for us, church does that.  It's great fellowship, music and preaching.  It's such a blessing to us and I want that for everyone I know and love!  Just try it...you might be surprised.

Love to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Currently: the happy May edition

  Happy Wednesday, and happy MAY!! I'm so excited that it's this time of year and that summer is so close that I can almost taste it...