Tuesday, November 13, 2012

thoughts (again)

It is twenty-seven degrees as I write this!  Hallelujah!  I love me some cold weather!  I love everything that goes with this weather~comfy sweatshirts, warm fleece pj's, fires in the fireplace, cuddling up with blankets, the yummy flavored coffee creamer I only buy in these cold months, the feeling of Christmas, you name it, I love it! 

I do not love the early sun setting.  Neither do my kids, especially when it's nice outside. 

I'm reading through the chronological Bible in a year, and today I start in Acts!  You would not believe the things God has taught/shown me throughout this year of Bible reading and spending good, quality time with Him.  He's taken me out of my comfort zone so many times that I've lost count.  I am so thankful for this year I've had~it'll be over before I know it, and then I'll get to decide what Bible reading plan to do for 2013.  I don't think I'll do the chronological again.  I'm open to suggestions for good devotions, too, so if you have one for me, send it my way!

We had the most amazing little sliders for dinner last night.  I seasoned the meat with French onion soup mix, salt, pepper, Worcestershire, salt and pepper.  And a few dashes of hot sauce.  I cooked them on our electric griddle and topped them with havarti cheese.  OH MY WORD.  Heaven in a single bite. 

Tonight I'm going to Paint-A-Piece for the first time.  :)  I love crafty things, especially when it involves painting.  I'm going with my mom-in-love and a bunch of ladies from my old church.  I'm so excited to go and see everyone!  It's been over a year since I've visited that church, and I really miss some of friendships I had while I was there. 

I also have a "date" with my best friend and her daughter this Thursday night/Friday morning.  We're going to see the midnight showing of Breaking Dawn Part II.  I can't believe we're all the way to the last movie.  We've been doing this for ages, and it's always something I look forward to doing with her and her daughter.  :)  I need to go buy our tickets today.

Well, it's almost time for me to take my boys to school.  I wish they were homeschooled and could stay home with us.  Jonah, Noah and I are going on a field trip to Chuccalissa today.  We're studying Indians in history, so it all goes together really great.  I can't wait!  I just need to figure out how to get there and I'll be good.  ;)

Love to all!

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...