Wednesday, November 14, 2012

random

Did you know that any time I have the television turned on, it's either on HGTV or the Food Network?  Or maybe the Cooking Channel.  My kids love it because I am often inspired by what I'm watching.  Sunday night, for example, we were getting caught up on The Pioneer Woman.  I got up and made two things she had made on one of her episodes~rice krispie treats and coke floats.  My kids were in Heaven.

We have a house guest the next couple of days.  My friend's hubby is having surgery in California, so her son who is Drew's age is staying with us until Friday.  Will you join me in praying for my friend and her hubby?  His surgery is Friday morning, and she has to navigate around San Francisco for the ride home (it's outpatient surgery) and for his post-op checkup the next day.  They fly home Sunday.

I made almost 48 cheesy sausage biscuits for an appetizer tonight and the house full of boys that I had this afternoon ate almost all of them.  I managed to save several for Todd, Jonah and Noah.  They were starving!

Did you know that I am not of much use when the sun isn't shining?  Add to that cold, dreary weather, and I'm practically comatose.  We got to work early this morning with school stuff and finished before lunch.  Thank the good Lord!  After lunch we had a pretty easy afternoon.  I might have watched a couple shows on the Food Network.

I have a new favorite OPI color.  Wanna know what it is?  You Don't Know Jacques.  It's this gray, taupe neutral-y color.  I love it.

I am most happy when my house of full of life.  Today after school, there were my four boys and two extra here.  The house was filled with noise and energy (the good kind), and I could hear lots of laughter from the upstairs.  I love it.  I also love all their stories about the kids they have class with.  Let's just say that Drew and his friend that is staying with us had some very interesting stories about one boy in particular.  ;)

Can I also take a moment to vent, since it's my blog?  I am so over all the political articles I see floating around on Facebook.  It's done and over with, people.  He won another term in office.  Deal with the fact he won and move on.  I don't want to spend the next four years reading about the things he's doing that I don't agree with!  I'd rather focus on God getting me through these tough times.   I guess I would prefer to be blissfully unaware, instead of aware and annoyed.  It doesn't help anything by reading about what's going on.  Although I guess I can see that people want to be informed and that's fine, but stop sharing it!

Speaking of Facebook, between the issue I have above and another couple of little issues, I decided to delete the Facebook application from my phone.  I am probably on it too much, anyway, so it's definitely a good thing.  I'm seriously trying to cut down my computer time.  I might get on in the morning and in the evening, but I'm aiming for not being online much more than those times.  (Except for right now.  My kids are upstairs playing, they're not hungry for dinner yet and the older boys are all at church.) 

Speaking of church, Graham is helping lead worship tonight!  I'm so proud of him.  I can't wait to hear how it goes!  Tonight he's singing, but he's also helping with playing the drums on other nights.  :)  Proud mama moment. 

Well, I'll go for now.  I'll probably post again tonight before I go to bed.  I need to write my day 14 entry. 

Love to all!


1 comment:

  1. I love it when our house is filled with the kids and their friends too! So great to hear them laughing and just having a good time.

    I guess I am one of those that is annoying you with the political sharing on FB. Sorry, but I am enjoying my right to free speech while I still have it! I hope you'll still love me anyway! ;-)

    I keep seeing that OPI color on Pinterest and love it! I might have to go out and buy it! My nails are in need of some color! I have been lazy lately!

    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

What's Up Wednesday

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with  Sheaffer  and  Shay  for today's blog post. I'm going to jump right in, and the...