Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving & Day 22



Happy Thanksgiving, my friends!  I pray that your day is immensely blessed and that you are surrounded by people you love.

I know that not all of us have the honor of being with our families on Thanksgiving, so today, I am extra thankful for that gift.  I am thinking of my friend Sharon, who just recognized the second anniversary of two of her sons dying.  Today she's experiencing empty nest in a way she thought she never would~away from her surviving son and missing the two that were killed in a plane crash.

I'm thinking of our soldiers who are overseas.  And what they would give to be at home today stuffing their bellies and laughing with family and friends around the dinner table.  I'm praying for them today~for their safety, their morale, and for their families at home.  I pray that God comforts them and surrounds them with peace on this day and everyday.

Today, our soldiers are the people I am thankful for.  How selfless of them to serve our country and sacrifice their own time with family, so that you and I can have the freedoms we enjoy.  When the natural reaction is to run away from danger, they flee to it.  With everything in me, I give thanks to these men and women.

I pray that each of you enjoy this beautiful day.  I pray that you cherish your moments with family and friends, and I pray that you recognize the One who gave us life~my sweet Jesus Christ.  He died for you and for me, so that we might live with Him forever someday in Heaven.  He is the giver, creator and author of life, and He loves you.

Psalm 100:4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name.

Happy Thanksgiving and love to all.  May God bless you today and everyday. 

No comments:

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...