Monday, November 12, 2012

day 12

On this day, I am thankful for our freedom of speech.  There are lots of freedoms I take for granted, the freedom of speech, and freedom of religion being two.  I am thankful that even though I don't always love social media, I have the right to write about my Savior.  I pray that the verses I write impact those that read them.  All for the glory of God. 

These freedoms we have go along with our observing Veteran's day today.  We attended a really nice program held at our YMCA in The Ville.  The speaker was a Vietnam vet, and he talked about freedom having a face.  

I think of another face, though, one that had a crown of thorns sitting on top and blood running down.  I think of the tears He might have shed as He suffered and bled.  I think of Him crying out right before He committed His spirit to God, then died.  

And because of that mental picture, I will continue to write about my Savior.  Even though it might make people mad.  Even when someone disagrees.  And especially when someone might not know Jesus.  I pray that what I might put out there will reach the person God means it to reach...and all for His glory.  His word never returns to Him void (Isaiah 55:11).  

I pray that my spiritual eyes and ears always be open and sensitive to His leading...like in reaching someone on Facebook that might not know Him.  

Love to all.  



No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...