Saturday, November 3, 2012

attritubes of God

I love, love, LOVE seeing all the "thankful" posts on Facebook!  I'm so lovin' this gorgeous month of November so far.  It's good to see some good, positive stuff after a whole lot of negative political junk the past several months.  It's refreshing to my soul!

I started my gratitude journal Thursday.  I thought I would share days one and two with you. 

Day one

I am thankful for my Savior. I don't ever have to be "good enough" to receive His love.  He loves me just as I am; imperfections and all. 

I immediately thought of the hymn, Just As I Am.  I thought I would share the lyrics.
  1. Just as I am, without one plea,
    But that Thy blood was shed for me,
    And that Thou bidst me come to Thee, O Lamb of God, I come, I come.
  2. Just as I am, and waiting not
    To rid my soul of one dark blot,
    To Thee whose blood can cleanse each spot,
    O Lamb of God, I come, I come.
  3. Just as I am, though tossed about
    With many a conflict, many a doubt,
    Fightings and fears within, without,
    O Lamb of God, I come, I come.
  4. Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind;
    Sight, riches, healing of the mind,
    Yea, all I need in Thee to find,
    O Lamb of God, I come, I come.
  5. Just as I am, Thou wilt receive,
    Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
    Because Thy promise I believe,
    O Lamb of God, I come, I come.
  6. Just as I am, Thy love unknown
    Hath broken every barrier down;
    Now, to be Thine, yea, Thine alone,
    O Lamb of God, I come, I come. 
 Isn't that beautiful?  I also wrote down John 3:16, which says, "For God so loved the word that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."

The attribute I focused on for this day was on the love of God.  I'm using Bible.org for my information on the attributes of Him.  On that website, I found this verse to go along with this attribute:

Psalm 103:11 "For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His love for those who fear Him."

His love is infinite, limitless, eternal, immutable, holy, sacrificial, bestowed by grace. 

Day two:

I am thankful for the Word of God.  Through the reading of His word, I grow closer and closer to Him. 

Psalm 119:11 "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against You."

Hebrews 4:12 "For the Word of God is living and active.  Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." 

Attribute of God for this day: the nearness of God (omnipresent). 

Psalm 73:28 "But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works." (King James Version)

I haven't done day three yet, but I'll share with you when I do.  Happy Saturday!  Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...