Tuesday, October 9, 2012

tuesday, fall break

Good morning!  I should start off with the fact that there are five hundred and thirty-seven things I should be doing right now in order to start getting ready for our camping trip.  That we leave for tomorrow.  But here I sit, thinking of all the things we've done so I can get the blog caught up. 

Now that I've said that, I feel a little better. 

So, it was a great weekend.  The weather was absolutely amazing!  Well, it did rain on and off on Saturday, but I was okay with it because of how cool it was outside.  Can you tell that I am a Fall person?!  We celebrated our friend's nephew's birthday at Incredible Pizza.  The boys were in Heaven!


Graham doesn't want to talk about what he was doing.  This was Jonah's first time driving a go-cart!  He loved it and did not even crash into anything!  He made a mama proud.  :-)

On Friday night after finishing Jodi Picoult's House Rules, I started this book.


I finished it on Saturday night.  Immediately after finishing this one, I started this one:


I finished this one Sunday afternoon.  Yes, I read all weekend long.  I didn't do a lot of laundry, and I certainly didn't grocery shop, like I should have.  But boy did I ever enjoy reading so much!  It's the first time I've read that much since school started in August.  It's a luxury for me. 

Monday we we went to the zoo with my sweet Daddy.  It's been ages since we've been, and yesterday was the perfect zoo day. 


It's funny when we go, we never do the same thing twice.  We let the boys dictate where they want to go, and we follow.  I'm proud to say that they don't really argue about it, either.  They're all great about agreeing where they each want to go, as long as they get to see what they want as well. 


Did I say how amazing the day was yesterday?  The animals are so frisky on cool days.  We all had such a great time. 


We came home for a little while, then I took Graham and Drew to their friend's house to spend the night.  Jonah and Noah had a friend come over to replace them.  :-)  And he's staying today to hang out, along with our little neighbors from next door, Myles and Zander. 

And while they play, I have to pack, wash and get to the grocery store!  We're leaving tomorrow for our camping trip.  I cannot wait!  We're going to Village Creek this time.  It's in Crowley's Ridge, near Wynne, Arkansas.  The weather is supposed to be pretty great. 


I can't wait to witness more sunsets like this one, but without all the power lines around.  I love nature and sense the greatness of God through all His creation.  Do you? 

Well, speaking of all his stuff, I had better get busy!  Love to all. 

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...