Friday, October 26, 2012

just words

Today is the perfect prescription for a pajama day at school.  My heart is sad that Graham and Drew won't be here with us.  I really, really wish they had decided to be homeschooled.  We talk about it all the time, and dream about what it might be like next year.  This morning, for instance, was really hard getting out the door while it was still dark outside.  They had to go in early for Bible club, although, instead of going to that, they had to go make up tests. 

Add to that the outside temperature right now~46 degrees~and the fact that it's raining, and well, you see my point. 

I am thankful that I don't have anything pressing to do this morning, while the rain falls.  I do need to get to the store at some point for dinner tonight and tomorrow, but that can wait on the rain to (hopefully) blow over.

Todd's working with the sheriff's department tonight.  My heart is a little sad, because on nights like this a few years ago, my best friend would come over and hang out with me.  On a night like this, I might cook something yummy and comforting (maybe chicken tortilla soup), she come over in comfy clothes, we would hang out with the boys and when they went upstairs, we would pop in a movie.  Usually a chick flick.

Sigh.

I suppose I'm having a bit of a pity party.  Before that goes any further, I will stop and move on.  I want to go to my happy place today.  :)  The library.  I finally finished a book that took me about a week to read, and then I started on a James Patterson book, 1st To Die.  Oh my word.  I couldn't put the thing down!  I finished it last night.  I took a new book to bed last night, but I'm not sure if I'll continue on with it or if I'll just pick up a new one.  It's starting a little too slowly for my taste.

We're going to have a very easy day of school work today.  I plan on doing some spelling, maybe a quiz in language and some individual reading time.  We're learning about Indians in History, and I'm anxious to read that with them. 

What are your plans on this dreary day?  I'm sad for my elementary school friends in fourth grade~this weather is canceling their walking field trip today.  I've already said a prayer for them all.  It's so disappointing having something like that get canceled. 

Whatever you do, enjoy your day!  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...