Thursday, September 27, 2012

some things I need to talk about

I have cried so many times this week that I have officially lost count.  I have a little more to tell you about our dear friend and neighbor, Mr. Paul. 

Remember how much I cried on Saturday when I found out that he had passed away? 

I finally figured out that it's because I wasn't sure if he was saved or not. 

I have prayed on many occasions for God to break my heart for what breaks His heart.  And Saturday, I think He did that.  I think I got a glimpse of how He must feel when His children choose not to follow Him.  Or believe in Him.  Or have a relationship with Him.  I was completely and utterly heartbroken over missed opportunities. 

If you only ever get one thing I write on this blog, or out of my Facebook page, let it be this: live your life on purpose.  Don't take for granted opportunities you might have to share the love of Jesus with others!  Often times, the Jesus people see in you might be the only glimpse of Him they ever get.  Take the time and ask that loved one, "Do you have a real relationship with the Lord?"  And if they say no, ask them if they want to know how. 

It astounds me that people think they're not good enough to have that relationship with Him.  Thank God, He doesn't require us to be good enough!  We'll never be good enough, not any of us.  But once we ask forgiveness and for Him to come into our hearts, He starts His transformation on us.  We are all works in progress.  None of us should ever be content with our relationships with Him.  We should always be striving to know Him better, and we should all be committed to studying His word. 

My challenge to you and to myself is this: how can you (I) live to make a difference in the lives of others?  We don't have forever left on this earth, you know.  He will come back for us, and I want to be ready.  I want to know that I did everything I could to take everyone I could to Heaven with me.  Live on purpose.  Live like Trey did.  He was unashamed in his faith.  I pray that I am that way.  And that my kids are that way.

Live on purpose.  I dare you.

Love to all.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...