Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday

Wow.  I have had such an emotional morning.  I wonder what in the world causes these crazy emotions of mine?  I've already cried three times at least, and it's only 8:20 a.m.  And should you be the type to not ever let anyone cry alone, I thought I would share with you what has been the cause of my emotions.

I have to start in reverse order.  The last thing that made me cry is from one of my favorite blogs, Time-Warp Wife.  Here's a video that she shared this morning.  And I did a linky thing on the name of her blog.  Just click on her blog title and Mr. Linky will take you straight there.



I hope this works for you...turn the volume up and watch this precious man.  You might want to grab some tissue!

Another thing that just got me this morning was this picture I saw on Instagram:

  
I showed that to Graham and Drew this morning, and for some reason, I just lost it.  As in, I went from being fine straight to the ugly cry in three seconds.  I was almost embarrassed by it.  I took the opportunity to pray for the whole family.  Maybe that's why I cried...to help bear their burden for a while and to intercede for them.  Who knows?  But I did pray for them, and the entire time I prayed, I cried.  Does that ever happen to you?  I really do think those moments are the times that God wants us to lift someone up in prayer.  

I also cried when I prayed for Graham and Drew in the car on the way to school.  I am so proud of Drew for helping lead devotion in Bible club this morning.  I know he was a little nervous, so I prayed that God would just give him and his two friends, Josh and Bryce, the words He wanted them to say.  

And Graham.  God love him.  He likes this girl at school and today is her birthday, so he's giving her a gift.  I prayed that the little action of him giving her a gift would help her to feel treasured.  Because she is, by an Almighty God.  I pray that she received it kindly and with gratitude.  At times, he has such a kind heart.  I pray that God will continue to soften his heart through moments like this~of showing His love to others. 

These boys of mine are growing up way too fast for me.  I love them so much, and I love the gift God has given me in taking care of them.  I love doting on my precious family, all five of them.  I love buying their favorite foods at the grocery.  I love planning special moments for them.  I love every single moment that God gives us together.  I try to not take our time for granted.  

Speaking of loving and doting on them, I am super excited about a date Todd and I have tomorrow.  He got an amazing Groupon deal this week on a restaurant in The Ville, and we are going there for lunch tomorrow.  Just him and me.  :-)  I'm thinking we need to make this a bi-monthly thing, at the least.  It's easier for us now that the boys are a little older.  We'll be leaving the older two in charge of the younger two. 

As I write this, I'm watching The Today show.  There is a video that's really popular on YouTube right now that I love, it's one of Drew's favorite songs~Carly Rae Jepsen's Call Me Maybe.  It's really catchy, and for some reason, I love this song in the classical version.  They're on The Today show performing it this morning.  In case you would like to watch it, here it is:  



It does pick up a lot in the middle.  I love it!  I miss being in a choir so much...particularly a choir that sounds so refined.  My favorite time of ever being in a choir was when we had a director named Kent Ferrin.  He had this way of making us feel so treasured and appreciated.  He and his precious wife were dear friends of mine, and I still miss them.  

Well, I'd better get off of here.  I have laundry waiting, beds that need to be made and floors that need to be vacuumed.  Happy Friday to you!  Love to all.   

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...