Tuesday, September 11, 2012

another day of homeschool

It has been an amazing day!  I almost hate to write that statement.  I feel like I'm opening myself up to all kinds of crazy just by writing it.  But if I am, I will deal with it when I get there.  For now, I am going to enjoy the good.

We love our new curriculum!  It's so simple, and I love how it's all Christ centered.  :-)  The only down side to all of it is that Jonah and Noah love it so much, they're inadvertently making their big brothers jealous.  I'm thinking that the two older boys are seriously contemplating being homeschooled next year. I secretly hope that they will want that!  I would love to have days like today with all of them. 

Anyway, we were finishing up today at 12:50 and 1:00!  Woohoo!  It's amazing how much work you can get done if you take away all the bathroom breaks, recess, lunch times, walking back and forth and special classes.  And to make our day even more amazing, after we finished up our work for the day, we decided to do a little home economics lesson and we made homemade chocolate chip cookies.  They were so good, even Big Daddy would have been proud. 

I started writing this earlier in the day and I am just now getting around to sitting back down.  We've eaten dinner and my kitchen has been cleaned.  As I write, I am hearing a bunch of boys in my front yard play football.  I love the sound of them all. 

I had a whole slew of things I was going to talk about, but I'm thinking I'm better off keeping my mouth shut on those subjects for now.  :-)

How was your day?  Love to all!

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...