Monday, September 24, 2012

a sad post

So, the last time I posted was on Friday.  About my emotional morning.  Turns out, Friday was nothing compared to my Saturday. 

We found out that our beloved friend and neighbor, Mr. Paul, died very unexpectedly. 

Do you remember me talking about him on here before?  He shared his love of gardening with my boys, teaching them how to plant and pick tomatoes.  For the past two years, he bought the boys each their own plant to grow.  He also shared the bounty from his garden with us. 

We dearly loved this man, with his bald head and scruffy beard.  He might have looked rough around the edges, but inside, he had the heart of a teddy bear.  In fact, because I didn't know him well at the time, when he first invited the boys down to help him plant veggies, I was quite hesitant.  Later on, he came back, thanking us for allowing him to spend time with our kids.

That's why I have taken his death so hard.  He was almost like an extra grandparent.  He invested so much time, energy and love into the upbringing of these boys of mine.  He loved them like they were his own grandkids. 

He once told me that my kids inspired him to be a better person. 

Well, he inspired the same of us.  We often invited him to church with us, but he never came.  I don't know if he went to church, or not.  I pray that this sweet man saw Jesus in each of my boys'.  I pray that they made a difference in his life. 

I sincerely hope that I see him in Heaven someday. 

I also pray that I remember this~to live my life on purpose, which is to point everyone I can to the Lord. 

Please pray for his family~he leaves behind a wife, three daughters, one grand daughter, a mother and three sisters.  And a host of friends like us.  And pray for the boys~the only one it's hit was Graham, and he just so happened to be in first period today when it hit him.  He had to be excused for about five minutes this morning to compose himself.  We're all planning on attending his funeral tomorrow. 

Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...