Sunday, July 29, 2012

weekend & such

I think I'm officially out of things to write.  That makes me sad.  I go in spurts of having some sort of block, and then inspiration strikes and I'll post a lot.

So, in the chance that this might bore you, I apologize.  Sometimes life is that way...and trust me, I am very blessed to be able to say that life right now is uneventful.

We had some friends over Friday night.  I invited them over under the pretense of watching the Opening Ceremonies, but darned if we didn't watch a single second.  Not that I mind.  We congregated in the kitchen over tacos and Skipbo.  It was a lot of fun.  Our friends David and Sunny came over, along with a new couple we've gotten to know lately, Matt and Bryna.  Their kids are all around Jonah's and Noah's ages, so it was fun for everyone.

Saturday I read.  Imagine that.  Almost all day, except for the breaks I took to do laundry, eat and clean up the kitchen.  Heaven!  I finished my thirteenth book of the Summer.

Saturday night we took the kids to my mom's and stepdad's house and we went to a couple's shower.  Todd's best friend, Bob, is getting married in October to the sweetest girl, Kensie.  It was fun, but we had to leave early.  We didn't eat dinner until after eight, and I didn't want to stay past nine.  It was still fun.

Today we went to church.  I cried in First Kids' church...today was the fifth grader's last day up there with us.  I know I've said this before, but I am so honored to go to a church that loves our kids so much.  Beth and Craig Bracewell, our leaders in First Kids' church really love each and every kid, and they form these amazing bonds with them over the years.  So does our kids' pastor, Austin and his sweet wife, Amy.  Anyway, today as Beth and Craig said goodbye to the fifth graders, they were also commissioning them for middle school.  They were both extremely choked up...and needless to say, so was I.  You know I don't let anyone cry alone in my presence.

So, it was an emotional day.

Before I even walked in church this morning, I had already cried once over Matt Redman's "10,000 Reasons".  Now, every time I think of that song, I cry.  That is the song that was playing when Trey Erwin met his Maker.  At the end of the song, he let go of his earthly body and gained his perfect one in Heaven.  I cannot listen to this song anymore without bawling my eyes out.  Even before that I knew that was the song that was playing in his room before he passed away, the lyrics to this song just get me.  Every single time.  We have thousands (millions!) of reasons to praise our Heavenly Father.  He alone is worthy.

Tonight we had dinner with our precious neighbors and dearest friends.  Their nephews have been out of town all week, so we were so glad to welcome them back home tonight.  My boys (and we) missed them.  We got all caught up with each other again, since it's been over a week since we've really seen them.  Moments like that are awesome...I love that dear couple more than I can even express, and we are extremely blessed to have them in our lives.

I'm leaving you with the lyrics and video to "10,000 Reasons".  I hope you enjoy.  Love to all.

"10,000 Reasons (Bless The Lord)"

[Chorus]
Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name

The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes

[Chorus]
Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name

You're rich in love, and You're slow to anger
Your name is great, and Your heart is kind
For all Your goodness I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find

[Chorus]
Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name

And on that day when my strength is failing
The end draws near and my time has come
Still my soul will sing Your praise unending
Ten thousand years and then forevermore

[Chorus x2]
Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name

Jesus, I'll worship Your holy name
Lord, I'll worship Your holy name

Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name
Jesus, I'll worship Your holy name
I'll worship Your holy name 

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...