Friday, July 20, 2012

#1105

I was shocked to wake up this morning to the devastating news of the shooting in the Aurora, Colorado movie theater.  My niece works in Aurora, and lives with my sister Debi and her family in Denver.  That is a little close to home.  I cannot imagine what these poor families are going through this morning...my heart goes out to them, and my prayers are with them. 

It's sad that we live in this kind of world today.  It's sad that flying is such a hassle, that our kids know what metal detectors are and that we might think twice before stepping into the doors of another movie theater. 

Just yesterday I had a conversation with my kids about the importance of being aware of their surroundings.  I had just read about an alleged kidnapping attempt in Cordova, a town that is about thirty minutes away from The Ville.

It's just the kind of world that we live in today.  I don't know about you, but in the midst of all the news of tragedy and crime, I need some reassurance. 

This morning in my quiet time (and time of catching up on my Chronological Bible reading plan), I came across a passage in Isaiah that gave me just that: reassurance. 

"He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the LORD is key to this treasure."  Isaiah 33:6

He will be our sure foundation...though our days might be unsteady, He will be steady.
He will be our salvation, our wisdom, our knowledge...though we might be unsure.
He will be our treasure...and knowing Him and serving Him is the key.

Are you in need of comfort this morning?  I hope His word brings peace to you.  I know it does to me.

Love to all. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your family is ok. Thank you for sharing such valuable scripture~ Perfect at a time like this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Wednesday hodgepodge

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with Joyce's Wednesday hodgepodge this week, since this was one thing we talked about th...