Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Middle of the Week

Have you heard the dreaded words, "I'm bored" yet? 

I have not, but let me tell you why my kids don't say that.  They used to say it, pretty frequently, I'd say, until one day about three years ago.  It was a blistering hot summer day.  They weren't in the mood to swim, they had no friends over, and the complaining began.  Since they were so nice to complain in front of me, I promptly found some things for them to do.  Let's just say that by the time 5:00 rolled around, my house was spotless on both floors.  Ceiling to floors. 

They don't say those words anymore. 

But really, we haven't even been home that long.  It's been glorious so far.  Our weekend was so nice...since Todd was home for such a long stretch of time.  God love him, he is such a hard worker, that between work and the sheriff's department, we don't see him as often as you would think.  (Was that a run-on sentence?)

We enjoyed our time together.  And while I don't have pictures of my favorite man, I do have pictures of my other favorite little men.  :-)  Wanna see?


This is the West Tennessee Veteran's Cemetery.  We went here Monday for a Memorial day ceremony.  We go every year with this precious man:


He was standing while they played the Navy's song.  And yes, I got a little teary.


What's a holiday without Drew acting all crazy?


I love these guys.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.  They make me so happy, and I am so proud of who they are.  I am a blessed mama!


And speaking of blessed mama's...remember Trey Erwin?  The teenaged boy in The Ville battling stage 4 pancreatic cancer?  Please continue to pray for him...these shirts are such great reminders for us to do the same.  I haven't read his caring bridge in a few days, so I don't know his latest status, but that whole family blesses me beyond words.  Their faith is a beautiful thing to witness.


And this is a good reminder to pray for our troops who are deployed.  And for the families of those with loved ones they've lost. 

It was a really amazing weekend.  I even have really good books from my happy place that I'm reading.  I just started Francine River's Her Mother's Hope.  It's kind of a tough read...I think all of her books are, so I can only take it in small doses, but it is really good.  I plan on taking it with me to the lake this weekend. 

The lake being Pickwick.  We're leaving tomorrow (Thursday) for a three night stay with some friends of ours who have a house on the lake.  :-)  I am so excited!  The boys and I are leaving tomorrow, Todd and David are driving up on Friday after working a half day.  I am seriously beyond excited. 

Well...my dog is whimpering at the door and I need another cup of coffee.  Enjoy your day! 

Love to all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...