Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Drew

Talk about unexpected things...today I got two phone calls at work from the school nurse at CMS.  The first time I talked with her, she said she thought Drew was fine, but that he might just need some medicine.

I left and took him medicine.  I just dropped off two Motrin and left...then felt bad that I didn't stay and see him.  I just knew that if I stayed, he would cry (even more) and I didn't want that for him.  (Sometimes, being a mom just flat out sucks.  You never know if you're doing the right thing.)

So back to work I went.  Thirty minutes later I got my second phone call.  I feel kind of bad, because at this point, I'm thinking the nurse has a flair for being dramatic.  She said herself that she thought he was fine.  Why she called, I have no idea.  Anyway, as I called her, I figured I would just go get him and assess him myself.  I called Todd, and he said the same thing...call him once I saw Drew. 

He could move his wrist, but everything really hurt, and at lunch he couldn't even open his fruit roll up.  I called him anyway, and we both agreed it would be best to just take him on in to Ortho One, and have them X-ray him.

I'm so glad we did.

The X-ray didn't show anything, but both the doctor and some other guy that came in thought that he had fractured his growth plate.  It's actually a little swollen in this picture...if you look at his left hand, right above his wrist, you can see a hump.  So...imagine Drew's excitement when the doctor told Drew that he was going to cast his arm.

Drew had already been asking me what color I thought he should get.  And I answered, "Well, Drew, it's probably not broken, so why worry about it?"  Hmm.  He chose maroon.  :-)  For the Dragons, of course. 


He is very proud of this.  And who doesn't love a little extra attention?  Especially in a house full of kids.  It's good for them, every once in a while. 

One more, and I'm off. 


Little cutie.  Well, the kids are outside (half of them, anyway) and at church, the house is quiet, and Johnny Depp Todd is calling my name...it's a Pirates of the Caribbean kind of night...On Stranger Tides.  :-)  Love me some Johnny Todd. 

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...