Thursday, May 24, 2012

Did you know...

that blue is my favorite color? All shades...royal, teal, periwinkle...I could go on, but I'll stop. 

that I love to sing, and desperately miss singing in choir and on a worship team?  (I'm thinking of re-joining the choir at CFBC, if they'll have me.)

that I have a little bit of weird in me?  I've always been my own person, who dressed in a way that not everybody dresses like...and as a teen, I was a little goth?  I was into the black clothes and dark, dark lipstick...even before all those Twilight movies came out.  I still have a tiny bit of that...hence the dark fingernail polish and my love/hate relationship with tattoos.  (As in, "I want one, I don't want one.")  I know, I know...this is a weird one about me. 

that when I was young, I never played with dolls or barbies?  I was always outside, or pretending I was a singer or something.  The dolls and barbies did eventually come along, but not until I was almost thirteen.  Strange, huh?  Well, I was also busy changing outfits a thousand times a day.  Just ask my mom if you don't believe me.  It's a wonder I didn't drive her bonkers. 

I always wanted a house full of boys?  God has a funny way of working things out, does He not?

I was a really good Christian when I was younger and in my earlier teenage years?  But then...I fell off the bandwagon.  I started running around with a really rough crowd and started trying things a young teenaged girl should never try.  I was always sneaking off to do something my parents would have had a conniption fit over...if they had known.  :-(  But, thankfully, I believe that when we ask forgiveness of our sins, and invite Jesus into the empty recesses of our hearts, He never leaves us.  His word says that over and over..."I will never leave you or forsake you".  We leave Him, but He doesn't leave us.  (And I don't mean that once we're saved we keep on living life like we want to live...we have to live the way He wants us to live...not be in church on Sunday and out getting drunk the night before.)

Whew.  Where did all that come from?

Anyway...continuing on...

that my husband and I dated in high school?  We started off as friends, then we started dating.  I don't remember where we ate on our first date, but we went to see The Little Rascals in the movie theater.  I kind of didn't think we would continue dating...but we did.  I remember the night I realized I had fallen in love with him.  We were at my sister Lisa's house.  My mom was babysitting the kids that weekend or something, and Todd and I were there with her.  We had been jumping on the trampoline with my niece and nephews, and they had gone inside to get ready for bed.  We were laying on the net, looking at the stars, and when I rolled over to look at him, I remember being shocked that all of a sudden, I knew without a shadow of a doubt that I loved him and wanted to spend forever with him.  I wrote it down on a piece of paper (we were only eighteen, keep this in mind) and handed it to him when he left that night.  I told him to promise not to look at it until he'd gotten home.

:-)

that we've been married for almost sixteen years?  Well, it'll be sixteen years on October fourth. 

that we chose that date because we both hate hot weather but love the fall?  I remember thinking that there was no way that I was going to spend my wedding day being all hot and sweaty.  We even chose our honeymoon spot according to our love of the cooler climate (and because his brother and sister-in-law had been there a year and a half earlier).  We spent our honeymoon in Banner Elk, North Carolina.  We shopped a lot, and ate, and bowled once or twice and did all the other fun stuff that honeymooner's do.  ;-)

that I wanted my wedding to be just like Annie's wedding from the movie Father of the Bride?  Seriously...right down to the style of my dress, the way I wore my hair (lucky for me I had the same hair she did in that movie) and our music?  Yup.  It's my most favorite movie of all time.  I love the second one, too, but it's not quite as good as the first. 

Well...I suppose this will be the last of what I like to think of as Thoughtful Thursday. 

Oh, and GO TIGERS!!!  We are undefeated this season...and our last game is this coming Tuesday night.  Against another undefeated team.  Should be fun!

Love to all. 

2 comments:

Christa said...

Great post Friend! Learned a few new things. Love you!

Shari said...

I am going to have to copy this post idea. :) Love reading more about you!

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...